Ok a small note to this if I may, I bought a Pioneer Surround-Sound
receiver and its set up here with no sighted assistance whatever,
grant you I had to read the manual a few times but all the menu system
was set out in the manual in its correct order.

Second to this, I know of someone who has a Panasonic Home Theatre
receiver and he says its been the easiest thing to set up that he's
ever encountered, he just set his speakers where he wanted them, held
the microphone in his hand and pushed the button, the receiver
automatically measures the volume of sound from each speaker in tern
from the microphone to make the settings, couldn't be easier.

as for me? Well having set up the system, I have to admit that I very
rarely use it for movies, I'm not much into that sort of thing though
they sound nice, or at least the few movies I have certainly do
<smile>, I mainly listen to SACD'S Audio DVD or DTS CD's but really
(when it comes to good quality for music) my Denon system I have
matched with my Microsiki CD Player and Audax transmission line
speakers just can't be beaten so its "horses for courses", you
generally sacrefice a bit of the music quality if you want surround-
sound but then again surround-sounders usually buy their systems for
movies anyway, not music.

On 03/09/2008, at 3:01 AM, Kris Hickerson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Denon that I really like.  However, as with most of the new
> stereo
> receivers, you do need some sighted assistance to get things set up
> the way
> you want them.  But, after that, it is easy to use.  You need to go
> somewhere and checkout the controls of various units before buying.
> But I
> think they will all require some help to get things going.
>
> Kris
>

> Jonathan Mosen List Founder

Dane Trethowan
 From Melton Victoria Australia
mailto:Dane Trethowan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
phone +61 3 9005 8589
Fax/TTY +61 3 9743 7954
mobile/sms: +614 418 773 532
MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]