Hello. Yes, you do if you want to label the other side of the cd or dvd. Otherwise, it will burn cd's or dvd's.--Matthew Chao

At 12:00 AM 11/8/2008, you wrote:
Hello, I have an HP with a lightscribe burner in it. Do you have to buy special light scribe CDs?
Thanks, Robbie.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

----- Original Message ----- From: "Blackwell, Clifford" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2008 8:35 AM
Subject: RE: is lightscribe accessible?

Yes it is.  If you go to lightscribe.org and download LightScribe Simple
Labeller, you can write a label on the disk.  You probably can't include
all the track names, but you can easily put your name and the name of
the disk.
You need a burner that is enabled with LightScribe and disks that are
LightScribe enabled.
When you are done burning the music to the disk, flip the disk over in
the same drive and go to the LightScribe burning program.  Open it and
follow the prompts.
There are other LightScribe programs that permit creation of fancier
disk labels, but I haven't tried those.
Sonic and Nero and I presume Roxio all have LightScribe labelling
components to them.
Clifford