To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2008 2:05 PM
Subject: Re: is lightscribe accessible?

Yes indeed, you do need to buy Light Scribe Discs to print images using this
method.

When I bought my Philips USB Light Scribe burner it came bundled with Nero 7 or 8 which does allow for the creation or transfer of images to these discs. I haven't got round to trying this yet. It is almost certainly going to be
a graphics intensive part of the Nero Suite but you may in fact be able to
paste in text created in another program so as not to have to grapple with
the program's own composition facilities.

Ray.Alexander Shannon wrote:
Hi Robbie,

In answer to your question, I also have an Hp desktop, with a Lightscribe
enabled drive. and after reading messages on this thread and taking a look
at the web, I have concluded that actual burning of CDS seems to be possible
with normal CDs, however, if you are wanting to use Lightscribe to label a
CD then you need special Lightscribe disks. Other members of this list may
be able to give you further information.

Alexander Shannon

Jonathan Mosen List Founder