To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 7:46 PM
Subject: Re: Hi-fi soundcard

Hi Kevin.

I had a look at this device as I'm thinking of an alternative to my Creative
Soundblaster 24 bit external card.

At the moment, I have my Soundblaster sending the audio file via it's optic
out, into a Yamaha AV unit.  The quality of the sound is really very good.

The V-DAC has an analogue output, which would simply go into my CD phono
inputs on the Yamaha.

Kevin, I thought that the quality of Optic was much better than Phono?  Are
you saying that the V-DAC, plugged into my computer's USB and to my CD
Phono's on the AV unit are as good or better than the Soundblaster with it's
optic output to the AV unit?

Very best wishes.

Andy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Lloyd" <kevin.llo...@sky.com>