Hi Christopher,
This only happens when I plug the card reader in to the computer, this never happened with any of the phones. I will ask my wife to take another look at it again and ask her to tell me what's happening there. I did try uninstalling and reinstalling Winamp 5.56 to see if that will solve the problem, but the problem still exists.
 John.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Chaltain" <chalt...@gmail.com>
To: "'PC Audio Discussion List'" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2009 1:23 AM
Subject: RE: PROBLEM WITH WINAMP 5.56

Hmm, well I'm still fairly certain that when you plug in the card reader
you're getting a dialog box popping up in winamp asking you if you want
Winamp to manage that device. I've had this happen multiple times, and I get
exactly the symptoms you describe. This isn't much different than that
dialog you get when it's telling you about a new update. Sometimes I'm able to use the JAWS cursor to find the appropriate button to click on. However,
sometimes I've had to get sighted help. Ask your wife if there's a dialog
box asking if you want to manage the device with a Yes and a No button. Ask
her to click one of those buttons with the mouse, depending on whether you
want to manage the device with Winamp or not, and see if that takes care of
the problem.

I suspect you're not getting this with the LG VX-8360 because either Winamp
isn't recognizing that as a device it can manage or at some point in the
past you answered that dialog above.

Like I said, I'm fairly certain this is what is going on, but I can't be
sure.

BTW, I did look for some kind of setting in Winamp that would let you tell
it you don't want it to manage any portable devices, but I couldn't find
one. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Sorry I'm not more helpful.

--
Christopher
chalt...@gmail.com