From: Christopher Chaltain [mailto:chalt...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2010 2:43 PM
To: 'PC Audio Discussion List'
Subject: RE: Revisiting nls digital player

Well, I'm not sure what to say. I don't recall seeing any instructions that
involve a $DTB folder on the NLS player. If I saw any such instructions, I
either assumed the person knew what they were talking about, were talking
about another player (such as the Victor Stream, which I don't have) or I
just didn't pay too much attention since it was already working for me. BTW,
I don't know that using a $DTB folder doesn't work.

If you want to try what works for me you can. Otherwise, maybe someone else
can help you.

As I said before, I don't use a $DTB folder. Both on my blank NLS cartridge
and my USB flash drive, I extract my BARD books directly into their root
directories. This means I get one folder per book, and these folders are in
the root directory.

I also have an Audio+Podcasts folder in the root directory. I drop my MP3's
into this folder.

I have a standard player, so when I hold down the play/pause key I end up in
my bookshelf, and I can use my forward and rewind keys to select the user's
guide, any of the books I have and "Audio Files". It sounds like you have
the advanced player, so you can get to the user's guide with the info key.

If I select the "Audio Files" entry in my book shelf, I hear the first MP3
start to play. Now I can use the forward and rewind buttons to move through
that MP3 file and jump to the next file in the folder.

Like I said this works for me. I too am following instructions I got from
another list, plus a little bit of trial and error.

--
Christopher
chalt...@gmail.com