What HP notebook computer do you have? I don't think I've seen a card
slot in a notebook computer in years. They used to have PCMCIA slots,
which I think were rebranded to PC Card slots at some point, but usually
I think you just see card readers and USB ports on notebook computers
now a days. PCI Express slots are usually available in PC towers, but
unless there's some mini version of PCI Express, I cn't imagine you'd
have access to anything like that in a notebook. I think your best
option will turn out to be a USB sound card. If you're worried about the
availability of USB ports, you can get a powered hub or even a docking
station.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chalt...@gmail.com