On these USB sound devices, Can one record with either a stereo mic or two separate mics--of course, with appropriate adapter/splitter? It seems link my newest notebook and my netbook won't record in stereo at mic level. They have only one input jack to the sound card. Maybe it's switchable between mic and line level input? Any insite here? Thanks.

Howard

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Chaltain" <chalt...@gmail.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:27 PM
Subject: Re: Sound cards for HP notebook computers

What HP notebook computer do you have? I don't think I've seen a card
slot in a notebook computer in years. They used to have PCMCIA slots,
which I think were rebranded to PC Card slots at some point, but usually
I think you just see card readers and USB ports on notebook computers
now a days. PCI Express slots are usually available in PC towers, but
unless there's some mini version of PCI Express, I cn't imagine you'd
have access to anything like that in a notebook. I think your best
option will turn out to be a USB sound card. If you're worried about the
availability of USB ports, you can get a powered hub or even a docking
station.