Hi!

I've been on this list for what.. 10 years now? Well however long its been one
of the most often asked questions pertains to a good set of computer speakers,
I just bought a pair of Altec Lansing Expressions Plus speakers so I'll
summarise my findings on them for anyone interested in purchasing a reasonable
speaker system for their PC.

To put it bluntly these speakers are excellent value given that they're priced
for under $100.00.  The system consists of 3 speakers, 2 satellites and a bass
woofer, all the circuitry for the system is in the woofer unit.

I've not sen a woofer design such as this, its a cone shape and is designed to
sit on a desk or a shelf rather than the floor.  This is the first speaker
system where I've seen a bass adjustment on the woofer, extremely handy I must
say if you're wanting to do a little "midnight blasting" and you don't want to
wake the neighbours or you have the woofer sitting next to you on your desktop.

I like the sound of this system, bass is at a level which arouses the interest
of a pair of ears but its not over baring as some cheaper speaker systems are,
certainly the Logitech system I had was dreadful in this regard.

Mid range and top frequencies are very pronounced and perhaps the mid range too
much so.

In short, don't buy the $20.00 pair of speakers, save your money and buy this
pair and you'll be well pleased.

If you want to further fine tune your listening experience through a 2.1
channel speaker system then take your ears up to the top Altec Lansing model in
the 2.1 range which is the "Expressions Ultra", more about this shortly.

You can read a detailed review of the Altec Lansing Expressions Plus Speakers
on my blog at http://www.grtdane.wordpress.com which will be available shortly.