I have 2 sets of speakers I think that would give you what you're asking.

Yep you're correct, generally computer speakers are crappy however the old
policy applies here, "You Get What You Pay for".

I've reviewed a number of different sets of speakers on this list, Altec
Lansing Expressionist Plus and Expressionist Ultra speakers, both are excellent
speakers.

The Ultra is better than the plus but you're going to pay a little more for
them and its likely that your computer shop won't even know about them, mine
certainly didn't.

The Expressionist Plus are quite reasonably priced given what they do.