I have the M-Audio Studiophile AV 40 speakers. I use them with our TV and play music through them. I do like them a lot. I got them about 3 years ago through Amazon for about $125.
HTH,
Jeff

At 05:01 PM 4/3/2012, you wrote:
I thought I heard even M-Audio that makes pro sound cards makes A R or A W 40's that might be good, but not break the bank. Those are what I thought of as a sound upgrade when these Bose ones go bad, but I don't know what they sound like either as Best Buy probably doesn't sell things like that.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dane Trethowan" <d.tretho...@me.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 4:26 PM
Subject: Re: Powered Speakers for Editing Audio

I have 2 sets of speakers I think that would give you what you're asking.

Yep you're correct, generally computer speakers are crappy however the old policy applies here, "You Get What You Pay for".

I've reviewed a number of different sets of speakers on this list, Altec Lansing Expressionist Plus and Expressionist Ultra speakers, both are excellent speakers.

The Ultra is better than the plus but you're going to pay a little more for them and its likely that your computer shop won't even know about them, mine certainly didn't.

The Expressionist Plus are quite reasonably priced given what they do.