Hi.  I don't know where you are located but here in the UK the Bose Cinemate
1SR cost me £1300 but as I have a good relationship with the dealer I asked
for and got a %10 discount so it in reality cost me £1170.  If you are in
the states then Amazon offers the Cinemate 1SR for $1499.  The Bose
Lifestyle 135 in the UK is £2400 and again on Amazon, is in the states
$2400.  This makes the Lifestyle 135 cheaper in the USA than the UK when you
take into consideration the exchange rate.

As I commented on in my original post a lot of the features in the 135 were
of little use to me as a blind person but if you want music around the house
and the ability to control the base unit from anywhere in the house plus the
garden and not forgetting the IPod or Iphone dock then the Lifestyle 135 is
the way to go.  I don't need any of these features; the only feature I would
use is the extra connections but I didn't consider the extra money worth it.

I have run a few CDs through the sound bar and it has a very open and
spacious sound.  When I got it first we ran the adapt IQ for the first time
but the next day I ran it again and it made a huge difference.  My Hi-fi
system consisted of 2 mission 753 floor standing speakers set about 15feet
apart and I got a very wide sound stage.  Now they are no longer there but
the sound bar is giving me as wide a sound stage which is rather strange
because I know there is no speakers to the left or right but I'm hearing
vocals and instruments from the far right and left and I know there is no
speakers in there.  If I had surround sound speakers there then my brain
would acknowledge that but there isn't.  there is just a soundbar measuring
36 inches long by 2 inches thick and 4.5 inches deep.  That is with the
Sound bar sitting on the TV table, just under the TV.  The soundbar can be
wall mounted but this does not effect the sound quality, The 1SR's adapt IQ
detects it's orientation and as the name in plies, adapts.  Walter.