Hi again Loren,
Here is another article where you can check on described tv shows in your
area.  They are not on the computer.  However, AFB has a tool that allows
for finding what chanels on your tv will be having described movies etc.
AFB Launches Described TV Listings!
Article edited to insert step by step directions written by Dan.

In order to view discribed TV shows the “SAP “ option must be activated
under setup menus provided   This option can be toggled on/off.  Sighted
help will probably  be needed to make this change.

For further information, contact:

Mark Richert, Esq.
Director, Public Policy, AFB
(202) 469-6833
mrich...@afb.net

The landmark Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act
(CVAA) has begun a revolution in mainstream telecommunications and video
technology accessibility. Among its many groundbreaking achievements, the
CVAA mandates several of the most popular television networks to make some
of their prime-time and children's programs accessible to viewers with
vision loss by adding video description. To help celebrate and promote this
achievement, AFB has implemented a Described TV Listings page on our
website, an online guide where visitors can determine which shows will be
described as well as when they air.

Video description (sometimes called "audio description" or simply
"description") makes television programs and movies accessible for people
who are blind or visually impaired. Short verbal descriptions of action or
key visual scenes in a program, such as setting, costumes, and facial
expressions, are provided to add context. The descriptions are inserted into
pauses within a program's dialog.

Since July 1, 2012, the networks required to each provide approximately four
hours of video description per week include ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, USA, the
Disney Channel, TNT, Nickelodeon, and TBS. This expanded array of choices is
a much-fought-for complement to the current rich menu of described
programming that PBS has offered for many years.

AFB's Described TV Listings initiative makes it easier to find which shows
are described, allowing people with vision loss to enjoy their favorite
shows alongside their sighted peers. AFB is deeply grateful to the Rovi
Corporation and Comcast for helping us create this valuable tool.

To learn which programs are being described and when they will air in your
area, and to learn more about how to access them on your television, visit:

http://www.afb.org/tv

Go to the link below to see what is discribed in your area
http://www.afb.org/tv.aspx

Directions on how to use this service
1.  Open your browser.
2.  Access the address bar by pressing control plus the letter o.
3.  Type in the linke below and then press enter.
http://www.afb.org/tv.aspx

4.  If you would rather copy/paste in the link below in your browser, do the
following.
a.  With this document opened, arrow down to the link below. Then move to
the beginning of the line containing this link.
http://www.afb.org/tv.aspx

b.   Press the home plus end key to select the web address.
c.  Press control plus the letter c.
d.  If your browser is not open, open it now.
e.  Press control plus the letter o for opening the address bar.
f.  Press control plus the letter v followed with tapping enter.

5.  You should hear and see “Described TV Listings - American Foundation for
the Blind”
1. Press the letter h six times   to reach:
“Described TV Listings”
2.  Press the letter f once and you are asked to enter a zip code.
3.  Tab Once after entering your zip code to the “next button” and press the
spacebar.
4.  You are taken to a site that says “search service providers.”
5.  Arrow once and you will hear “no service provider.” Press alt plus the
down arrow to open this combo-box.
6.  Arrow down to your service provider and leave it highlighted.
7.  Tab once to “date.”  The default is “today.”
If you wish a different date, press alt plus down arrow.  Then arrow down to
your desired date.
8.  Tab once to “start time.”  The default is “noon.”  If you wish another
time, press alt plus down arrow on this drop –down box.  Then arrow down to
your selected start time and move to the next step.
9.  Tab once to “search button” and press the spacebar.
10.  You are now taken to a page with your results.
Press the letter h until hearing “Described TV Listing Results.  You will
also hear a number  indicating the amount of results available.
11.  Arrow down now and explore the results.

He Is The Light Of The World!
In chapter 8 of John's Gospel, we hear the account where Jesus publicly
proclaims in the Temple at Jerusalem that he is the "light of the world"
(John
8:12). Jesus spoke these words around the time of the Feast of Tabernacles,
also
known as the Festival of Lights. This statement must have made a striking
impression on the Jews who had gathered in Jerusalem for the occasion. For
eight
nights the great candelabras which stood in the Temple courtyard lit the
Jerusalem skyline with a blaze of dazzeling light. Jesus' statement very
likely
came at the end of the Festival when the great lights where extinguished. In
so
many words, Jesus says he is the one true light which no one can extinguish
or
diminish (see John 1:4-5).  He is the true light not only for God's chosen
people Israel, but for all peoples and nations as well.
light in Scripture was especially associated with God. The Lord is my light
(Psalm 27:1). The Lord will be your everlasting light
(Isaiah 60:19). When I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me

To receive emails regarding Dan's daily Tips or the Daily HotSpot
Devotional, send an email to dthomps...@mchsi.com with "subscribe Dan's
Tips" or "subscribe Hotspot Devotional" in the subjectline.   of your truth
and live according to your word”.

Verse of the Week
Proverbs 18:10
The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and
is safe. (ESV)

Prayer:  "O gracious and Holy Father, give us wisdom to perceive you,
diligence to seek you, patience to wait for you, eyes to behold you, a heart
to meditate upon you, and a life to proclaim you; through the power of the
Spirit of Jesus Christ our Lord." (Prayer of Saint Benedict of Nursia,
480-547 AD)
Psalm 23:1-6
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want;
2 he makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters;
3 he restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's
sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no
evil;
for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my

head with oil, my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I
shall
dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Psalm 19:8-11