The enhancement is probably what makes it sound weird. The one thing I found is that turning that off does make you take a considerable volume hit, so they are doing something that makes it sound louder than it would otherwise.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hamit Campos" <hamitcam...@gmail.com>
To: "'PC Audio Discussion List'" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:11 PM
Subject: RE: Does Anyone Know About This Sound Card?

Oh JAWS should be fine alright. I don't see why it should mess with it. Let
me know. See if you can turn the Wave Max stuff off please, see I use Bose
Companion 5 Multimedia speakers and Bose suggests turning this kind of stuff
or the Beats stuff HP has I would guess off. This way the speakers do the
work they are supposed to do the right way.