It probably is. So you couldn't shut it down then? Not good.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Brent
Harding
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:51 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Does Anyone Know About This Sound Card?

If that is the same thing my XPS15Z I got on Ebay towards the beginning of
the year came with, for whatever reason, when using Eloquence, Jaws sounds
kind of harsh and distorted. It's not so bad on headphones, but I think a
lot of that particular machine's gain is realized with the audio enhancement
stuff they have on. I wish I could fix that because the Real speak is
eroneously speaking high pitch letters for stuff that really is not
capitalized.