To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2014 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: Looking for a New mp3 to m4a Converter

They sound similar, my real point here is that the more conversion decoding/encoding that takes place then the more loss of quality results.

Each to their own but the way you've done thing here is not the way I'd done them.

Firstly I wouldn't have bothered with such high bit rates when intially converting to MP3, I would have used VBR - after setting the encoding options properly - that would have given you a much smaller file size thus you wouldn't have needed to convert anything at all, encoding would have been far more efficient and loss of quality limited etc.

The other way you could go - if you can still get hold of the source material you encoded - is to encode directly to FLac and then convert to AAC/M4A, just making these comments for future reference and I appreciate that no one wants to rip a whole CD collection again but often its very worth while, I had everything once in MP3 but now its all FLAC thus I can convert to any audio format under the planet as often as required without any loss in quality etc.