Yes, of course, the audio source is on the stage, which is in front of
you. But your living-room does not come close to approximating the
dimensions of even a small concert hall. So that's where the dsp and
magic of multiple speakers comes in. I don't pretend to know how they
do it. But I know that even my old ADS analog time delay system did
wonderous things for lps of classical music. It came a lot closer to
the concert hall experience than just a two-channel set up in my
living-room.

Mary