I’ve turned all that off and I cdo the configuration manually.

For example my computers are on one Wi-Fi Network whilst Smart Phones are on
another and the remaining 2.4GHZ devices are on the old band.

at this point as far as I’m aware only a handful of devices support the band
steering you mentioned such as the latest Asus tablets and so on.

samsung Smart Phones have a similar system which is more compatible with
everything, just register all your wi-Fi networks and let the Samsung product
switch between them according to signal strength, according to Samsung their
method provides uninterrupted streaming too.

There’s a manual available on how to set up Band Steering with Asus Routers if
you want to give it a go.

Asus didn’t make the procedures too clear so a third party did a little digging
and research and came up with a fairly nice manual on the subject, you’ll find
it with Google easily enough.