Martin,

Thank you for the very detailed information. This list is a great source of
information.

- My account:
    - it is an email address with 1 "@" [at] symbol and 1 "." [period]
    - I have had this account for a couple of years now
    - a new contract ID was updated a couple of months ago.
    - yesterday is the 1st time I remember using this account with pca since
the contract no. was updated.
    - I guess it may be possible that the synchronization hasn't occurred and I
will keep trying. "For users registering or updating contracts on the Member
Support Center, an initial wget access must be attempted to trigger the
synchronization process."

- I checked out the sunsolve document 240066 Patch Download Automation using
wget:

    - I have a supported version of wget, GNU Wget 1.10.2
      - this version does not require the "--auth-no-challenge" option for
version 1.11.x

- I am trying to run pca on a system with working DNS:
  - I was originally trying from a system with limited access within a lab.
    - have verified that my OS can resolve the hostnames:
        getent hosts sunsolve.sun.com
        192.18.108.40   sunsolve.sun.com

        getent hosts getupdates2.sun.com
        198.232.168.157 getupdates2.sun.com

        getent hosts a248.e.akamai.net
        208.51.137.66   a248.e.akamai.net
        208.51.137.33   a248.e.akamai.net

    - I can ping 2 out of 3 of the hosts listed
        ping sunsolve.sun.com
        sunsolve.sun.com is alive

        ping a248.e.akamai.net
        a248.e.akamai.net is alive

        ping getupdates2.sun.com
        no answer from getupdates2.sun.com

        I get about 17 hops with traceroute, then the asterisks begin
        I also attempted to connect to ports 80 & 25 with no success.

    - getupdates2.sun.com is only reachable on port 443:
          - I think that is o.k., and I don't believe it is a firewall issue

        telnet getupdates2.sun.com 443
        Trying 198.232.168.157...
        Connected to getupdates2.sun.com.
        Escape character is '^]'.

        GET /

        Connection to getupdates2.sun.com closed by foreign host.

  - This is the example of using wget right out of the sunsolve article:

/usr/sfw/bin/wget --http-user=u...@company.com --http-passwd=secretcode
--no-check-certificate
"http://sunsolve.sun.com/pdownload.do?target=119255-01&method=h"; -O
119255-01.zip
--09:12:39--  http://sunsolve.sun.com/pdownload.do?target=119255-01&method=h
           => `119255-01.zip'
Resolving sunsolve.sun.com... 192.18.108.40
Connecting to sunsolve.sun.com|192.18.108.40|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 401 Unauthorized
Unknown authentication scheme.
Authorization failed.

  - I did go through the exercise of downloading the sample script and trying
it also.

Thanks,
Bill