Rajiv G Gunja wrote:
> Please note that 'Update on attach' will only work for OS patches

  Good point, thanks.  I should point out that we don't use UoA much, mostly
when the odd zone gets out of sync during OS patching.

> @ our office, we create LU environment and patch the GZ with NGZ using PCA.

  Yes, all else being equal I would greatly prefer to standardize on
LiveUpgrade (especially with ZFS root).  IMHO this is more reliable than years
ago.  As it happens, my circumstances make it challenging to transition some
existing environments.  =-)

  Since 2008-10-31 (the day U6 shipped), my Ultra 25 has been all-ZFS.  I rely
upon LiveUpgrade with "pca -R", which has proven quite reliable for patching
ABE's with containers.  I only wish that I could retro-fit this setup
elsewhere!   Thx...  -c