> > I'm having a hard time getting my head around the fact that pca is
> > very system-dependent.
>
> It has to be. A system may have any set of packages and patches
> installed, PCA won't assume that any two systems are exactly the
> same. So it sees what's (already) there, and tells you what's
> missing. If you as an administrator know that two systems are equal,
> it's fine to download the patches only once on one fo them and re-use
> them later on the second system.

This is exactly why I put an additional layer on top of PCA to allow it
to run against explorers of system, so you can run PCA only on one
server for your whole parc ;-)

--
Thomas Gouverneur
 _____           _
| ____|___ _ __ (_)_  __
|  _| / __| '_ \| \ \/ /
| |___\__ \ |_) | |>  <
|_____|___/ .__/|_/_/\_\
 Network  |_|       SPRL
   TVA: BE6836018011

T: +32 498 23 00 40
W: http://espix.net
M: <tho...@espix.net>

  • [pca] Setting... Becktold, Lisa M. (LARC-B7)[Chugach Federal Solutions, Inc.]
    • Re: [pca... Charles.Witt.CTR
      • Re: ... Becktold, Lisa M. (LARC-B7)[Chugach Federal Solutions, Inc.]
        • ... Charles.Witt.CTR
        • ... Martin Paul
          • ... Thomas Gouverneur
      • Re: ... Roland Soderstrom
        • ... Glenn Satchell
          • ... Becktold, Lisa M. (LARC-B7)[Chugach Federal Solutions, Inc.]
    • Re: [pca... Thomas Gouverneur
    • Re: [pca... Thomas Gouverneur