Hope this clarify our requests.

Regards

Olivier

Le 26/03/2015 14:24, Jonathan Hardwick a écrit :

Olivier, Rabah,

Please could you clarify something for me? I’m not sure that the MSD of the intermediate nodes has the same significance as the MSD of the ingress node. My understanding is that the ingress node is often limited by hardware in the maximum depth of the SID stack that it can push onto each packet. The intermediate nodes do not have to push SIDs – I thought that they would just route on the top-most SID in the stack and sometimes remove the top-most SID from the stack. If that’s true then the MSD path constraint does not apply to them. Have I misunderstood?

Best regards

Jon

*From:*rabah.gued...@orange.com [mailto:rabah.gued...@orange.com]
*Sent:* 26 March 2015 06:18
*To:* DUGEON Olivier IMT/OLN; Jonathan Hardwick; Jeff Tantsura
*Cc:* draft-ietf-pce-segment-rout...@tools.ietf.org; pce@ietf.org
*Subject:* RE: [Pce] Comment on draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-01

Hi,

I totally agree with Olivier and Jonathan on this.

to encompass all the varieties of PCE/PCC architectures, the MSD should be considered as additional constraint by the path computation engine just like the BANDWIDTH,

the only scenario I can think of where the MSD must be announced by the PCC is inter-PCE collaboration and the right place would be for it is PCReq.

I Agree with Olivier a support his proposition.

considering only the PCC MSD and not the intermediate nodes by the path computation engine will result in paths that don’t behave as expected, (specially for load balancing

in a loose path scenario ),the PCE must have in its TED all the MSDs of all the nodes (PE and P) in its domain, therefore the MSD should advertised by the IGP (OSPF, ISIS,

BGP-LS) just like the SRLGs, where the path computation engine will consider the MSDs of the ingress and intermediate to compute the path.

Best regards,

GUEDREZ Rabah