Hi WG, Authors,

Speaking as a WG participant...

I find the functionality described in this I-D to be very useful. But,
I have one concern that I would like to be addressed before adoption
or at least get an agreement on (to be handled post-adoption).

I am not in favor of how the PST is being used in the I-D. The PST is used -
- between PCEs to indicate inter-domain TE processing
- between PCE and the head-end (2 PST for RSVP-TE & SR each, but for
inter-domain i.e also allocate and report stitching label)

We basically need a mechanism to request allocation and reporting of
stitching labels. I strongly suggest using a flag and/or a new TLV, I
find the use of PST for this inappropriate.

A weird side-effect of the current proposal is that every time we have
a new PST defined (PCECC is post-WGLC), we would need another one for
inter-domain.

Moreover, wouldn't it be better if this I-D is independent of the
per-domain path setup type? Section 6.3 allows for mixed technologies
and the protocol procedures between cooperating PCEs can be defined
such that they are independent of the per-domain path setup type to
allow for any current or future path setup types. I see no reason to
differentiate between RSVP-TE and SR (section 6.2 is all about
forwarding on border nodes, and not about PCEP).

I discussed this with the authors earlier, where we basically pushed
the can down the road, I hope we can resolve this quickly now :)

Thanks!
Dhruv
 (As a WG participant)