> You want the drive to spin up immediately after POR (powering the
 system up)

I agree. I have never used the delay start DS or remote start RS, and never had a problem. I think those settings are for if you have a very specific reason to do so.

I used what I guess you are calling Remote Start. It was years ago on an IBM PS/2 with two full height, 5.25", 500Mb drives. They were big drives then, both in physical size and capacity. And they used a lot of power. When I first tried the system it wouldn't startup. I discovered that I need to set the second drive to Remote Start (it might have been Delayed Start). This way they both didn't attempt to start at the same time which was overloading the power supply. By starting one then the other the PS could handle it. I think that is the most common use for Delayed start. Remote Start would do this and would allow the computer to only start the drive if required. As an example, the situation where a drive is only used for backup. You wouldn't want it running the rest of the time, only during a backup.

 --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:pci-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Archive:<http://www.mail-archive.com/pci-powermacs%40mail.maclaunch.com/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal