Let's call these files image files, which is technically a better term.
Limits on attachments are usually imposed by the ISP or the abilities of
your connection. I have a broadband connection that choked on an 8MB
attachment recently.
You'd probably be better off sending one or two attachments at a time, as
image files, especially .eps. .tif and .ai can be quite large at times. A
single file could easily exceed whatever limits may be in effect.
It also sounds as though this is work related. If you have access to some
server space and a decent connection, you might be better off learning how
to FTP (Upload the files to your server and notify your recipients how to
retrieve them.)
Zip doesn't usualy compress an image file very much-10% or so in my
experience. Zipping a file does not affect the contents.
I use Winzip, but there are many such programs.
****************************************************************************
********************************

I learned so much about art files from you guys. Now
my question is--- if I must e-mail a large file to
someone, does zipping it change the file in any way?
What is the easiest zip program to use.
Also sometimes people do not want a ziped file, so I
have to send the file unzipped, in spite of it's size.
Also, if I have a lot of art files to send, sometimes
Outlook Express rejects it because of too many
attachment files.

In Outlook Express, how many e-mail attachments, or I
should say what size attachments is the limit on any
one e-mail. I can't find answer in outlook help?
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to