When I first got this computer, slkeep was showing on the power menu, but
now it is gone. Under power options, advanced tab, there is no selection
there to enable hibernation, sleep, etc. My drop down selections all say "do
nothing" or "shut down".
I found on the net where to log in as super administrator and that didn't
help.

Also, I am having trouble with the networking. I have a network set up and
my other computer worked fine on it. This laptop will see the office
computer and has a 'switch' in between it and the router. None of these are
clickable. The other computer is plugged in using ethernet into the router.
It sees the laptop, but will not access it.
I disabled the firewalls and same problem. I tried instlaling a network
printer on the laptop, but it fails to see it or detect it.

I wasted a lot of time looking for these issues on the net, but no luck.
I also installed the network download from Microsoft for the properties for
the network. It was after that I was able to see the other computer, but
still not access it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff
Intrepid TV Repair