On Jan 8, 2007, at 1:21 PM, Georg Holzmann wrote:

Hallo!

Okay, I build now a shared library because I have a lot of shared code - it will be installed in the same directory as the pd externals.

Hm - I just noted that the shared library can't be found now...

Where do I have to install them now on all the platforms ?
E.g. on linux do I have to install it now to /usr/lib or something similar - or is it also possible to install it somewhere relative to the pd binary ?

Wow, that's great that you have a shared library already! Since Pd- extended is built with gcc on all platforms, porting the build process to other platforms isn't too difficult, its mostly a matter of getting the right flags, which are listed in externals/Makefile.

As for using the shared library, I think that you have to explicitly load it in each external. You can look at pd/src/s_loader.c to see how Pd does it. An external is just a shared libray that Pd loads, so its the same mechanism.

.hc

Thanks,
LG
Georg