Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

i agree (and honestly i don't think a CPAN-like system will happen anytime soon).

It will happen as soon as someone does it. :D I don't think anyone objects to the idea, right?

well, like always - i do :-)

i agree with dmotd, that such a thing has to be thought through _very_ carefully. it's easy to hack together something dirty. e.g. cygwins package management system is just something i would never ever like to encounter again.

but honestly: personally as a debian user (being nurtured with apt) i am not a great friend of all these concurrent packaging systems; e.g. python-eggs/buildouts do cause me a lot of headache, because they don't integrate into apt (or any other concurrent package-manager, i guess) at all. i don't want to get Pd into the same hell....

fgmasdr
IOhannes