Wow, lots of stuff. So maybe its time to start thinking about the next Pd-extended release...

.hc

On Sep 9, 2009, at 10:07 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

after a year of silence and hard labour, i decided to take advantage of the nice date today and finally made a new release of Gem: 0.92

binaries available for w32 (installer), OS-X (universal) and the brave (source code)

grab it while it's hot: http://gem.iem.at/releases/0.92.0

alternatively you can get the files from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pd-gem

highlights

GLSL shaders
  support geometry shaders: cool effects are waiting out there...

Geos
models use their stored UV-texture coordinates: finally you can build your textured models in your favourite modeller and fully use them in Gem

  trapezoid object with correctly distorted textures

video capturing
on linux we now have native support for V4L2 devices (including your eee's webcam, the PS3-camera and whatever hot devices are on the market...)

film/movie reading
on linux we now use Gmerlin/avdecoder support which allows you to read more movie formats and faster than ever (from FLVs to HDV)

video effects
FreeFrame effects can now be initialized directly as (e.g.) [pix_GlowVFX] (for the GlowVFX effect)

pix storage
  pix_writer is a new object for writing images to your harddisk

openGL
  more openGL wrapper objects

you can now use symbolic constants with many openGL wrapper objects, which makes patching much more fun

and more....
  like always i keep forgetting the best parts...

bugfixes
like always we have removed (and introduced) numerous bugs, so all in all GEM should now run more stable for an incomplete list of fixed bug see the bug-tracker at http://sourceforge.net/projects/pd-gem ":http://sourceforge.net/projects/pd-gem

mfga,dsra
IOhannes

All information should be free.  - the hacker ethic