On Sat, 15 May 2010, Max wrote:
Am 15.05.2010 um 19:53 schrieb Mathieu Bouchard:
On Sat, 15 May 2010, Max wrote:
it would be awesome if gridflow would be in pd-extended.
why ?
or: why not?

Because I don't want to work on this. Ask Hans if you really need to. But at this point I think it is easier to get users to install the correct GridFlow, than getting users to first remove (or disable) an old GridFlow from Pd-extended so that they can install a newer version than what would be available in a stable Pd-extended. I mean that development of GridFlow is going a bit fast at this point, and tends to be driven by requests of users that wouldn't want to wait until next year... more like next month or next week.

well, GEM and others are included as well, why isn't gridflow?

who wants to be doing that job ?

it would reduce the installation barrier from two steps to one step. that's _half_ the work ;)

and compared to how it used to be for OSX users, that's plain nothing at all. Furthermore, if wanting to have a newer version of GridFlow, it's more steps.

no, actually not at all - it is very easy and on OS X putting it in /Library/Pd/ is great, because then it runs in every version installed on the system which knows [import] (so not the GUI rewrite versions from the autobuild afaik, but the standard Pd-etended installation).

Well, actually, I don't use [import]... I already tell all the users to instead write it in the « Startup... » dialogue box. I suppose that in the README that sentence could now be reversed, to suggest Startup first, "or else" use [import].