On Wed, 4 Aug 2010, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

Great!  I like the attempt at a patch as a property dialog with the
[#many] object.

It's not just an attempt, it's the future. (but for Cancel/Apply/Ok, it requires -lib ggee from pd-extended)

Question: inside the [#many] abstraction, have you thought about putting
the grid of iemguis inside their own gop subpatch?

I was going to do it for 9.10 but there was too much new stuff already. I want it for 9.11, together with the ability to save the spacing settings disk.

That way you could just send a "clear" message to that subpatch after the "Apply" or "Ok" button is pressed, then bang the new args.

I'd also want to be able to preserve the boxes as they are at that moment, if I don't modify those settings...

(Though you'd have to use a [donecanvasdialog( in there to reset the subpatch's gop properties.)

Currently I don't even use "donecanvasdialog" as in canvas-properties, I use "coords" as in the "#X coords" lines of the file format. They're roughly equivalent, but if I hit a redraw problem with "coords", I will have to switch to "donecanvasdialog", or whatever else. I already use it when setting the spacing, because it changes the size of the GOP.