On Mon, 20 Jun 2011, Andy Farnell wrote:

What Plato tried to address in thought, like Godel in logic was that we are "incomplete", if there is universality, a one, a good, and there is an I to observe it, but still be of the one, it must invoke a third concept, an existential relation. And that's where the tear begins. Here in the 21st Century the wound still bleeds.

Is it bleeding or is that just something said from the perspective of innocence, as if in a previous world, logic would have been complete ?

If a complete and consistent self-referential logic system is impossible, then this is something that has to be accepted as having been always true, and our conception of the world has to be rebraided according to that truth. It's not useful to keep holding an old ideal of universality that looks like a measuring stick with which we assess an increasing rift between our fantasies and the consciousness of our own limits.

Gödel in the Garden of Eden bites into the fruit of [...] and it all went downhill from there. ;)