The reason some tripods have a level is so that when you pan the camera
the image don't dip.  This is mostly for motion picture, video cameras.

I believe Hama makes a level that fits in the accessory shoe having fore
and aft, and side to side levels.

Or if you really want to level the tripod get a post level from your
local building supply store and rubber band it to the center post.
These look like an angle with levels on both sides.  Sometimes their are
called stud levels.

The basic rule for tripods is "if they are light enough to carry around,
they are not worth having".  The only exception in my opinion is if all
you want is something to hold the camera while you step around to be in
the picture with your wife and kids while the self-timer whirls.  For
that get the lightest most compact tripod you can find.
--Tom

go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Visit the PUG at
http://pug.komkon.org.