Shel wrote:
Well, it seems that others feel a level is useful in their
work, and I suppose if it is then you should use one, however,
not at the sacrifice of a good, sturdy  tripod.  If you feel a
need for a level, then get  one that you can attach to the
camera.  Bogen/Manfrotto make some heads with built-in levels,
and that's always an option as well.

The 029 pan tilt head (wich I own and love) has two buit.in levels (I own an
old, not the latest version). Please note this is the Manfrotto number. To see
the matching bogen number you have to go to www.manfrotto.com.
Regards.

Albano

PS: Regarding tripod legs, I suggest you the 144 legs. They are strong, and
large. In full extension it lets me eye-level viewing (I'm 1,93 m. or 6 feet 4
inches tall). Togheter head and legs weight 4 kilos (about nine pounds). Heavy,
but really steady.

go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Visit the PUG at
http://pug.komkon.org.