Sir, you are misinformed, except you are correct about being required to
spend everything you get.  When I got my disability they cut my food
stamps to $10 a month.  If I accumulate more than $500 bucks I lose my
Medicaid. If I earn more than $550 a month I lose my Social Security
Disability.  Yes there are welfare frauds.  I met a woman once who was
getting welfare in three different states for kids she didn't have.  No
more, someone informed on her <s>.  The only thing really good about the
US welfare system is that Food Stamps are reactively easy to get.  If
you know how to go about it.  Finding some one to tell you that is
difficult  at least in big cities.  Also there usually is a Salvation
Army kitchen in big cities where you can get a free meal.  Once a day is
plenty according to them, usually beans and bread.

I guess what I am trying to do with my posts is to get people to
understand that there are a lot of people barely surviving here in the
US.  If just a few of you understand that my efforts seem worthwhile.

I thought like most of you a few years back.  Now I know better.  If you
listen to me, you do too.
--Tom

visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.