In a message dated 1/18/01 8:26:49 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< W Keith Mosier wrote:

 > Someone recently suggested Pentax sponsoring some of us photogs.  Wouldn't
 > it be fantastic if instead they could sponsor school camera clubs around
 > the world?  Most of the school camera classes I've knowledge of suggest
 > using the K1000. >>

Doing something along those lines here. I teach beginning photography to
adults and middle school children, two hours per class, two nights per week
(in the evening) at the school.

I'm busy right now on eBay, trying to buy, sell, trade enough to have eight
K-1000 (or any combination) of eight manual 35mm cameras w/f:2 lenses before
classes begin next month.
Got some scholarship monies, scrounging for more. We'll use the school's dry
to dry lab for these students, so processing costs won't choke us, but paper
might be a problem.
If we get the funds, we'll give the graduating students (adults and youth)
the camera they used in class, making us hustle again to get more cameras.

Going good so far, wish us luck.

Mafud
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]