On 29 Jan 2001, at 20:30, SETH wrote:

> The Bessa-L with Super-wide Heliar (15mm) combo is probably the most
> economical and lightest choice.  It is not any more flare prone than
> Pentax 15/3.5 and much less so than the new Tamron 14/2.8.

Two more issue relating to the use of ultra-wides on non-SLR bodies is that it
is very difficult to predict the relative positions of composition elements when
working with close/far elements in the one frame since parralax error
between the taking lens and finder becomes appreciable. Secondly even
though flare might be no worse in the Heliar at least when using the SLR you
can see the offending flare before the print/slide is under your nose and take
measures to limit its effect. I run both SLR and RF ultra-wides and get far
less surprises using the SLR lens. The flare problem is much more
pronounced in sunny environs :-)

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA