>I too have asked the PDML group. It's nothing compared to the very sharp,
>excellent (discontinued) FA 4.0/28-70mm! I use mine for travelling with my
        ^^^^^^
^When was the FA 4/28-70 discontinued? I thought it was Pentax only good
zoom in this range except the horribly expensive 2.8/28-70 ?!?  AFAIK it is
standard lens bundled with most better bodies e.g. MZ-5N or MZ-3 (which
coems either with this lens or the LTD 43). Also my latest Pentax brochure
lists this lens (and it does list Z-1p, also as NOT discontinued). It's
quite new brochure, it has the not-so-old EL-2000 (the digital pseudo-slr.
Pseudo because it's not mirror-pentaprism design, it just has a small LCD
in the viewfinder. EEEEKS! Phew)

Frantisek