"aimcompute" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>By the way I just have to get this out of my system.   Does Galen Rowell and
>his OBVIOUS pimping of even Nikon's mid-level 35mm offferings make anybody
>else want to puke too?  Sometimes I enjoy his OP column, but I recall one
>recently that was what I just described.

Absolutely!
I really like his photography and respect him as a climber. And
I think he's written some outstanding thought-provoking columns
in OP.
But his Nikon "pimping" *is* offensive, especially because, in
his case, it's so unnecessary. Doesn't he think his photography
itself speaks well enough to be a good plug for the equipment he
uses? One of the motivating factors in my buying a Pentax 645
was seeing Daryl Benson's work in OP and noticing that that was
the camera he used. He didn't have to prostitute himself to
promote the equipment he uses.