>I guess my question, is how do you come by this information?  How do WE
>know
>that a majority of SLR users in the market don't care about fps or top
>shutter speed and care more about size?  I was never made part of a survey
>by any camera manufacturer.  I think just the opposite is true of any
>serious photographer.  Physical size matters less than feature set.

Looking back, I have noticed that any Pentax SLR bodies which sold well,
were compact models (in its era)(except K1000 which was famous for its
value) instead of feature packed models. Maybe that's why the SF and Z/PZ
series were not selling well (relatively). So, if my observation was true,
that would be the reason behind MZ/ZX series, and now the MZ-S. If the price
was reasonable, I would expect it had sold much better than the PZ/Z-1p.

regards,
Alan Chan