Peter Loveday wrote:

> > You need a lot of memory cards  (not an insignificant cost) if you
> > can't dump them to mass store of some kind as you travel.  I find it easy to fill
> > a 128MB memory card every day (or two) unless you compress more than I like to.
>
> On this topic, here's something interesting:
>

>http://news.ft.com/ft/gx.cgi/ftc?pagename=View&c=Article&cid=FT3NLIWS4JC&tagid=ZZZC00L1B0C
>
> Hmm, clearly this URL will wrap in your email, it'll need to be pasted together :(

Didn't wrap in mine.   But this appears to be old news.

Keele High Density first seem to have shown up in November 1999,
with a rather more modest claim of 'only' 2.3TB on a credit-card
sized storage unit (although no mention was made of a $50 price).

Since then, however, both they and their venture capital firm
seem to have dropped off the net.  That seems rather ominous.

--
John Francis  [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Silicon Graphics, Inc.
(650)933-8295                        2011 N. Shoreline Blvd. MS 43U-991