Skip,

Spot metering enables you to take a reading off a specific amount of the scene ( or
several specific points around the scene, if you desire).

Center-weighted metering, as I understand it, measures the whole scene but gives more
"weight" to the "center" portion of the scene, because typically that's where the
subject is located.

Doug

At 6:52 PM -05002/14/01, dosk caused thus to appear:

--
Douglas Forrest Brewer
Ashwood Lake Photography