On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, William Robb wrote:

> I am saying that C-41 film does not push. Period. That's sure
> simple.<G>
> William Robb

Ok, I'll stay simple, too (not hard for me to do on a Friday, believe
me).  :)  Last week I shot a roll of 800 speed film at 1600 and had it
developed as though it were a 1600 speed film.  I say that I pushed
it.  What definition of "push" are you using?  When you say "push," what
process or result are you talking about?  I'm using it purely to mean
developing a film as though it were faster than it really is, which
obviously can be done.  What does pushing do to black and white film that
it doesn't to colour?

chris