----- Original Message -----
From: Mafud

Subject: Re: Fast film to go with Porta 160

> In a message dated 2/16/01 12:36:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> writes:
>
> << Bill the meanie wrote:
>
>  > Don't even think about pushing it. C-41 films don't push.
Not at
>  > all. Not even a stop. I have proven it. >>
>
> Does the same caution apply to "pulling"? <WARNING! Trick
question!>

Trick answer: Never tried it deliberately. A few years ago, a
lab I was working at had the C-41 developer replenisher pump go
bad. The manager refused to listen to her staff (that was me)
that the films were obviously coming out of the machine badly
processed, and as a consequence we had a lot of under developed
film that day. As I recall, the quality suffered greatly, as the
colour mask wasn't optimal, the shadow detail was non existent
and  the highlights and midtones were mush.
Actually, as C-41 films can stand an enormous amount of
overexposure, pull processing is moot, IMHO.
William Robb