> >"All lens tests are wrong."

Maybe. But I would like to know about Sigma, for Pentax k-mounts. I found
this weird site on the web that is all about Sigma lenses. The first three
quarters of all the postings there are horror stories from people completely
knocking Sigma(s); ie; "they're trash held together by metallic tape, they
fall apart quickly, the company doesn't know how to repair them, they don't
meter or focus correctly with AF cameras, it's all false advertising..."
etc, etc...

The last fourth of the postings are in defense of Sigma, although these
sometimes seem somewhat lame. -"Lenses are great for us non-pros because
they're cheap and do the job, pros are harder on glass, more demanding, they
don't know what they're talking about as Sigmas are actually quite good for
the $$..." etc, etc...

So, in a general PDML consensus, what is the story with Sigma?  (I have a
personal reason for asking in that I want a fast WA, and they have a 28mm
f1.8 that is amazingly low priced...?!?)
Skip