Shaun posted:
> What are you then trying to focus on? If you are attempting to focus on
> anything closer than 3 feet or thereabouts, the AF adapter will not work
> properly. If, on the other hand you are focusing from three feet too
> infinity and the AF doesn't work, it may well be stuffed. I have been
> trying mine with an SMC-A 50mm f1.4, and it works just fine from
> infinity down to about 3 feet. Maybe you need to send yours off too
> Pentax for a service?

Thanks for your comments (these and earlier). Your troubleshooting tips and
comparison with the behaviour of your adapter are just the kind of feedback I
needed, since before this exchange I merely suspected, but wasn't sure if the
intermittent failure to focus my fast 50 on distant subjects meant I had a
defective adapter (as opposed to the adapter being unreliable
normally).