I have a friend who wants to sell his TC. It is apparently in mint
condition, minus the original case. It's the Pentax A 1.4X-L. He's looking
at asking about $225USD for it. Is that a good deal? From what I've
learned, they are very expensive new (and it would take me 6 months to get
it shipped here). I have no lenses that I wish to use a TC for at this
point, besides my A 400mm f/5.6, which is why I'm looking at the the better
L version that is usually reserved for those with * or ED glass.
US$225 seems ok if it's mint or EX+. However, I wouldn't expect the price would be much higher on eBay. There are only a handful of Pentax lenses use this TC.

regards,
Alan Chan