> Can someone compare the A 2x-L, A 2x-S and the Takumar-A 2x for me
> pls?

The A 2X-L is worth using (as compared to the A 2X-S), if you have a
lens that it will work with.  The A 2X-S is a good TC for the
majority of lenses, but I would say that the K T6-2X is nearly as
good (except it does not have A electrical contacts, of course, if
that's a factor for you), and it's more compact (almost as small as
the A 1.4X-S).  The Tak-A 2X is a lesser TC, without SMC and with a
simpler optical design.

> They're all junk. Expensive junk. In the case of the 2X-L, the
> best 2x junk available for Pentax big glass. But still junk.

Yes, I hear you, John (a.k.a. "Mr. NoCompromise").  ;-)

Fred