I've been working on a theory the last few years that digital technology
has only 3 widespread effects:
a) slowing things down for the consumer or hands-on worker
b) making things unnecessarily complicated for the consumer or hands-on worker
c) saving corporations money

And mind you, I programmed micros for a living between 1978 and 2000.
I'm not sure I was in the right field.

-Lon