Hi!

I am contemplating (considering?!) buying a used manual focus manual
everything Pentax body. My main goal in doing so is to get fully
mechanical camera (so that I can use it where I probably wouldn't use
my MZ-6) with bright viewfinder (unlike my MZ-6). I hope that after
CLA or its equivalent this camera would actually outlive the MZ-6.
Currently I am under impression that MX is what would answer my needs.
However I wonder whether MX's default focusing screen is as
bright/good as that of ME Super. I saw ME Super and liked its screen.

Yesterday I saw KX and was amazed by rather dim screen. Pardon my age
and hence lack of knowledge, but what is the reason for putting the
rather dark circle around the microprism center of the screen?

Ultimately, my question is - which fully manual (on meter is operated
by batteries) Pentax camera has brightest focusing screen?
Alternatively, if MX's default focusing screen is not that good, which
replacement focusing screen should I look for?

Thanks in advance.

---
Boris Liberman
www.geocities.com/dunno57